Yahoo mail problems: Issues and fixes of Yahoo Mail not working
Yahoo and its services are compatible with all the devices, due to which it is widely used on various devices and operating systems, mostly on Android and Apple devices. As it is being used by millions of users, several issues are also encountered. Most of the time, the issue comes up when you are operating Yahoo mail on your mobile device. The issue of Yahoo Mail problems is faced on both the Android as well as Apple devices. Here, in this article, you will get to know about the reasons and fixes for the issue of Yahoo Mail not working.
Common issues of Yahoo Mail not working on Android device
Here are some of the common issues and reasons which result in Yahoo mail not working on android, as mentioned below:
- Yahoo Mail app freezes
- Yahoo Mail app crashes or responding slow
- Can’t send or receive emails
- Unable to login
- Missing emails, etc.
Fixes for Yahoo mail not working on Android
If you are unable to use the Yahoo Mail app in your Android device, it could be due to many reasons. To fix it, you can follow the troubleshooting steps as mentioned below:
App functionality issue
- If Yahoo Mail app crashes, freezes or response slowly, follow the steps:
- You need to make sure that you have got the latest version of Yahoo Mail installed in your Android device.
- You can also try clearing the cache and App Data as it might fix the issue.
- Try force stopping for restarting the app as it will refresh the RAM of the application.
- If nothing works, you can uninstall and re-install the Yahoo Mail app and check if your problem gets resolved or not.
- All mobile devices do not have all the features
There are some features of Yahoo Mail which are only accessible on the desktop version.
- View full email headers
- Send to a contact list
- Block email addresses
Sign-in Problems in Yahoo
Sign-in issues come due to following reasons:
- Mobile number changed
If the mobile number is changed, but you are still using the same phone, try the following steps:
- Sign in to your Yahoo Mail account.
- Then, go to Profile Name, account info and then account security.
- In the phone number option, add your recovery phone number.
- When you click the Send SMS button, you will have an account key on the mobile.
- Enter the security key and click verify.
- App password
When you have activated the two-step verification, you need to activate an app password specifically. It can be done in the Account security tab and you can create an app password.
- Connection problems
You need to ensure that the issue is not coming up due to poor internet connection. For this, you need to check the internet connectivity on the mobile device. You can also check for the App permissions settings.
If still don’t have any clue about why my yahoo not working on android, you can contact the support team for assistance.
Issues of Yahoo Mail not working on iPhone or Mac
There could be several reasons for Yahoo mail not working on iPhone or mac. Some of them are as follows:
- Yahoo Mail not updating
- Not loading
- Slow response
- Unable to open emails
- Emails or messages are stuck
It might be possible that you get the error messages such as Cannot get email, authentication failed, connection to server failed.
Fixes for Yahoo Mail not working on iPhone or Mac
Here are some fixes which might help you in resolving the Yahoo issues in your Apple device:
- Check if your Yahoo account works– To check it, follow the steps mentioned below:
- On your Apple device, open Safari.
- Visit the Yahoo website.
- Once login, try sending and receiving emails
- Restart your iPhone or Mac- If your Yahoo Mail is not working on your Apple devices, you can simply try restarting the device. Restarting will refresh the settings and clear unwanted applications running in the background.
- Update your device or app- Sometimes, the issue comes when you are using an outdated version of the app or operating system. So, you need to check for the latest available updates.
- Delete and re-add account- You can also try deleting and re-adding the account settings on your device. For this, you need to delete the Yahoo account from your device and re-add it after some time.
Remove your account
- Go to the settings and then Passwords & Accounts.
- Then, find your Yahoo Mail account.
- Tap the delete button to remove Yahoo account.
Add the account
- Go to settings and Passwords & Accounts.
- Then tap Add account.
- Next step is to tap the Yahoo icon.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to proceed.
- Now check for your Yahoo account’s working.
Manually adding the account
- Tap settings and then Password & Accounts.
- Then go to the option of Add account, other and Add a mail account.
- Enter the email account details and tap Next.
- After that, enter the IMAP settings and SMTP settings in the given spaces for proper configuration of Yahoo account on the device.
- You must ensure that the correct settings are entered for the configuration of the account, as wrong settings will not allow you to send or receive emails in Yahoo Mail.
Change E-mail settings
In most cases, the issue is caused when the email settings are changed or it is incorrect. You need to verify the details by checking the email settings of the account.
If the issue of Yahoo mail not working on iPhone persists, you can reach out to the support team of Apple for assistance. For any issues related to yahoo in Android, you can contact Android support and for Apple services, contact Apple support. To reach them, you can use the contact details provided on their official webpages. You can contact them over the call, email or live chat. All the options of customer support are available round the clock which makes it convenient for you to contact them as per your suitable timings in a day.