If you have lost your Instagram password. So, you can go for Instagram Account Recovery. How can a user recover their Instagram account if that is your query? Then it would be best if you referred to the ways written below. There are various methods to recover your Instagram account. All of them are written below for your assistance.
Recover Instagram Account By Phone Number
The most obvious one is Instagram Account Recovery by Phone number. Recovering your Instagram account through your phone number will be very easy. Refer to the steps written below:
- You have to first open the Instagram application on your device. The first page is already of login for you.
- You must enter your username and click on the “Forgot Password” option.
- And then add the phone number you want to receive the link for password reset on.
- As soon as you have the link, you can click on it and follow the instructions.
- Once you have got your password reset, you can log in to your id with the new password. You are done recovering your account, then.
Recover Instagram Account By Email
The next method to recover your Instagram account is through the Email option. You have the steps to recover your account through the email written below :
- First, you open the Instagram app on your device and shift to the login page.
- You are to enter your username, click on the “Forgot Password” option, and then enter the email address you want to get the mail from Instagram support.
- As soon as you enter the mail id, in a short while, you will receive mail from Instagram support regarding your account recovery.
- You have to follow the instructions, which will end you with a new password.
- You can now access your account all anew. And your account has been recovered.
Recover Instagram Account By Facebook
As Facebook and Meta belong to the same company, they both fall under the same hat of Meta. So, you can access Facebook through Instagram and vice versa. You can recover your Instagram account through Facebook as well. If you had linked both of your applications at the time of account creation, then only it will be helpful to you. So, when you have your Facebook linked to your Instagram. You will receive an account recovery mail even through Facebook. Then, you have to follow the instructions after that. And you will be done with Instagram account recovery.
How to Reset the Instagram Password?
If you have already forgotten your password and are looking for a way to reset your Instagram password, then you are on the right page. Follow the information written further for you as it carries all of the information associated with the ways to reset your password.
Different Ways to Reset your Instagram Password
The process to Reset Instagram passwords for Android Phones
- You are to visit the login screen. You will find the “Log in” option.
- You are then to enter your username, email, and phone and click on the “Log in with Facebook” option.
- Then, you have to follow the set of instructions on the screen. Once done, you will receive a link to your mail or phone number to help reset your password.
The Process to Reset Instagram Password for iPhone Users
- Now, visit the login screen and click on Forgot Password. You can get your details on either your Phone or Username.
- Then, enter your email address, username, and your phone number. Then, you tap the Next option.
- Then, you will receive a link on your email or phone. You are to click on the link to start resetting your password.
How to Recover Deleted Instagram Account
Looking for the answer to how to Recover Deleted Instagram Account, then you should know that you cannot recover a deleted Instagram account, to begin with. However, you should also know that when you put your account up for deletion, you will have the time for 30 days to bring back your account. But once the account is deleted, there is no way you can recover it. You have to create a different and new account, but you won’t be able to use the same username.
How to Recover an Inactive Instagram Account?
If you have partially disabled your account or have been inactive on your Instagram account, you are looking to figure out how to Recover an Inactive Instagram Account. Then, you should follow the steps written below:
Steps to Recover an Inactive Instagram Account
- Start the Instagram app on your handset. You will see the login option.
- You have to add your login credentials then. And click on the login option.
- That’s it, your account will then be restored, and you now have access to your account.
How to Delete your Instagram Account?
When you are sure that you have to delete your account, you should not follow the steps written below and complete the steps for account deletion here as per what is written below.
- You have to first head to the Delete your account page on Instagram. And if you are not logged into your account. You will have to log in first.
- Then, you should select an option from the various options in the drop-down menu on why you want to delete your account.
- Then, you will have to re-enter your password. And, you will permanently delete your account.
So, this is how you can delete an account. However, you should know that when you have deleted your account, you will still have the option to get your account back for 30 days, but after those, you can’t bring back your account.