HP Printer –
HP printer and Mac laptops both are popular and successful products in their respective domains.
If you are using HP printer with Mac and suddenly you face the problem of hp printer not working with mac i.e. when you give command to print, the printer denies to print, then, you need to troubleshoot the issue.
Steps to Troubleshoot issue of HP Printer not Working –
- When you give command from your Mac laptop to the HP printer and it shows the offline mode once the command has been sent, then, it is signifies that HP printer not working.
- There may be connectivity issue between the printer and the Mac, when hp printer is not working with Mac because the offline messages happen when the Mac cannot communicate with the computer, to make the computer online you need to check if you have a USB printer connection or you have a network printer connection.
- If You have a USB Printer Connection.
- Turn off the printer and then wait five seconds.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer by pressing the power button.
- It might happen that the printer would make noise and start printing the page, wait until printer becomes idle and silent.
- Wait for five seconds and then reconnect the USB cable to printer, make sure the connection is intact by applying the enough pressure.If it starts printing, wait until it stops the printing.
- Try printing again.
- If its starts printing, then , go on and continue to use the printer.
- If HP printer not working then, continue to next step to reset the printer.
If You Have a Network Printer Connection –
- Check if your printer is being displayed in the printer list on your computer .
- Restart your computer and wait for the printer to become idle.
- You need to restart your printer if the connection is not restored even after restarting.
- If you are using your network for any other purpose like browsing, searching, downloading, stop all these activities.
- Wait for 10 seconds after disconnecting the power cord from the router.
- Now, again you need to plug in the power cord and wait until the router initialises. After initialisation, establish a new connection to your Internet Service Provider.
- A usual internet activity light is displayed which indicates a normal state before continuing.
- You need to do it again until you solve the issue of HP printer not working with Mac.
- You need to restart the computer and wait until it becomes idle.
- You need to click the Apple icon , once your mac system restarts
- Click on System Preferences.
- After clicking on System Preferences, click on Printers and Scanners, Print & Fax, or Print & Scan to open the Printers list.
- From Printers list, click on your HP printer , and then click on Open Print Queue.
- If you see the printer in the device list and mac systems is showing the printer options, this signifies that the printer is connected to the network.
The above troubleshooting methods are useful for making your HP printer to get into the state from HP printer not working to working state.