Being a smartphone user, it is always important to protect your privacy against any kind of hacking while performing online activities. Keep your every single activity more secure and private is the mandatory thing for you and only a good VPN or Virtual Private Network can do that. The best VPN can help you to provide more security to your device that you can get after setup VPN which is very simple. If you are an Android user, then you can also make your network private and secure just only after setting up a VPN. If you don’t know how to setup a VPN for Android Phone, then you can read this article and learn about the step by step process to set up a VPN in a very simple and effective manner.
Method 1# Setup VPN Using Android Phone’s Settings
You can use the settings of your Android phone to set up a VPN even without downloading any app. You can do these things manually and if you don’t know how to setup a VPN on Android phone manually, then you can simply follow the below easy steps:
- First of all, open the Settings of your device.
- Now tap on Wi-Fi & Internet option.
- Now the Network Settings page will open and then tap on VPN.
- After that, tap on + sign which is available at the top right corner of the page, and if you are not able to see this option, then open the Advanced Options menu.
- Enter the required details such as username, password, and server address into the given field.
- Now you will be able to use VPN after setting it up on your Android phone.
Method 2# Connect to OpenVPN Networks
In some Android versions, VPN settings do not support OpenVPN networks and then you look for any related app. You can manually connect your Android phone to OpenVPN networks with the help of below steps:
- You need to download the VPN app from the Play Store on your Android phone.
- Now you need to provide the required information or your network may provide it.
- Now the downloaded app lets you import a profile by using an URL or choosing a VPN on your Android phone.
- After that, you can easily add a proxy connection manually and then you can also select the varied features as per your preference.
Method 3# Use Any Third Party App
All of the above-given steps are mostly for those who are looking to connect their Android phone to the official VPN network. In spite of that, there are plenty of third-party VPN apps available on the Play Store that you can use to set up or use on your Android phone. If you don’t know how to set up VPN using a third party app, then you can go through the below instructions:
- First of all, you need to open the Google Play Store on your Android phone.
- Now type VPN App into the search box.
- After that, you can pick the best VPN app from the trusted app provider and let it download it to your phone.
- Now open the app after the download finish and then you will be asked to sign up.
- Now you can either sign up for a profile or use it manually by following the on-screen instructions.
In this way, you may know about how to setup VPN for Android phone in a highly simple and effective manner. If you are not competent enough to set up VPN or you need any other kind of assistance, then you can simply contact the customer support team to get detailed knowledge regarding such kind of queries.